BRUSSELS : 1000 YEARS OF STRUGGLES
Experience the most rebelious neighbourhood in town
Brussels Rebel : Relive the great social struggles that transformed the city.
During a playful and instructive walk, we present you some emblematic places of a neighbourhood that has never bowed to the oppressor and to threats of all kinds.
Let us show you Brussels the Rebel…
Cost : Voluntary – Duration : About 2 hours – Reservation required
WHAT ARE YOU GONNA SEE ?
The “1000 Years of Struggles” tour, that criss-crosses the Marolles district, focuses, in a playful and funny way, on the many different social struggles that took place in this part of the city ; some really old, some more recent…
The tour passes by some of the most important places of the district, alongside discovering several less known alleys and dead ends.
- Battle of the Marolles, 1969
- The Mattress War, 1989
- Palace of Justice, the eternal building site
- Anecdotes and juicy stories
- Place du Jeu de Balle and its daily flea market
- Breathtaking views of the city
Regular tours in english, dutch and french :
Cost : Voluntary*
Duration : About 2 hours
Group max: 25 people (12 in time of Coronavirus)
Meeting point : On the steps of the Chapelle Church
Place de la Chapelle
Private tour on demand in english, french, dutch, spanish
* Voluntary cost, what does that mean?
It means that you decide the price you pay, fully aware of different things:
– The experience you’ve just had;
– The professionalism of the guide and the quality of the tour;
– The support you want to give to the project.
What do we do with the money we receive?
– We pay the fixed costs (taxes, advertising, web hosting, …) ;
– We pay ourselves;
– We develop new projects, visits, new activities;
– We drink beers, of course 😉
“Voluntary cost” does not mean “free” ! As sadly we have our bills to pay.
More info on the philosophy of free and conscious pricing here (just in french, sorry)